At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Architecture, Inc. currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineering Intern in our Arlington, VA office.
Our internship programs offer real-world experience on exciting projects. Mentoring programs and young professionals programs give you a chance to connect with both recent college graduates and our company leaders.
- Perform assignments under the direct supervision of a lead mechanical engineer.
- Assist project engineers in the design of HVAC and/or Control systems.
- Coordinate design with architectural staff and other engineering disciplines.
- Utilize production tools to document design.
The right candidate will have completed at least their second year in a Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis of Mechanical. Candidate must be self-motivated and be able to work independently as well as with a project team to complete of a task. This position will require application of standard engineering techniques and procedures.
You're prepared to take your education outside the classroom. We look for hard-working, talented students who are ready to work alongside our talented team.
*This is a full-time position for summer 2019.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or a graduate Mechanical Engineering program or Architectural Engineering program with an emphasis of Mechanical program.
- Coursework and/or interest mechanical systems (HVAC/plumbing) and design of buildings.
- Familiarity with Revit and AutoCAD MEP preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Applicant must have solid written and verbal communication skills to be considered.
- Positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee culture
- Familiarity with fundamental HVAC design principals.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
Prefer 2 years completed toward degree with 3.0 GPA
Demonstrated knowledge of software packages related to field of study/industry
Strong preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.