Do you have a background in operations and hospitality? Looking for a new challenge or just a change of scenery? Founders 3 a leader in property management services is looking for an Assistant Marina Manager to join our team in Racine at our Reefpoint Marina. Check out the requirements below and apply!
To assume the responsibility of the day-to-day marina operations leading directly the team of employees and assisting the Dockmaster, Store Manager, and General Manager in managing an efficient, safe and profitable marina in accordance with the business plan as agreed by the General Manager reflecting F3 Marina principles, policies and procedures.
- Assume full responsibility for the highest standards of the site cleanliness, hygiene, presentation and employees’ service in accordance with F3 Marina standards.
- Participate as directed in the promotion of the marina.
- Assist as requested by the GM and Dockmaster, in the keeping of records relating to finances and general records of the marina; such as the preparation and monitoring of the business plans, ordering, stock-taking, cash sales, banking, and reconciliation of creditor and debtor accounts and all relevant day-to-day marina records.
- Ensure that the marina is in full compliance with the health and safety legislation, the Company’s health and safety policy and guidelines, and all recognized safe working practices including all other statutory requirements relating to fire, navigation, life-saving, chemicals, lifting and plant.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity in all the marina operations.
- Oversee the control of on-site concessionaries, licensees and tenants, ensuring due performance of their obligations.
- Monitor and report about the performance of the marina’s contractors and suppliers, thereby ensuring the satisfaction of their obligations.
- Build and maintain a healthy and professional relationship with the marina guests and follow-up with the General Manager, Dockmaster and Front Office Agents accordingly.
- Comply with the guidelines as set out in marina management manual and all other Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out all other duties as may reasonably be required for the smooth running of the marina and when necessary stand-in for the other members of staff to be best of one’s ability.
- Interact in a courteous and professional manner with all guests and work colleagues.
- Follow and implement boater check-in/check-out procedures in an efficient and professional manner.
- Answer phone calls promptly, clearly and professionally conveying always a smile and use the appropriate phrase as per F|3 Marina Standards
- Communicate with guests and asks questions about the quality of their stay whilst listening to their responses and identifying what remedial action may be taken in cases of complaint-handling.
- Ensure all duty shift checklists are continuously followed and proper guidance is given to colleagues, especially dock hands.
- Process boat slip payments, boat slip agreements, ensure proper documentation, such as, proof of insurance and proof of ownership for vessel.
- Maintain the Marina’s database and all standards documentation.
- Reconcile cash and check/credit payments from the marina operations
- Implement all general office procedures for the front desk such as filing, photocopying and telephone inquiries in order to maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Compile all guest questionnaires, review and update accordingly to present to the General Manager for follow-up.
- Comply with the marina regulations regarding dress and expected behavior, reflecting consistently F|3 Marina brand standards whilst offering a personalized service to all internal and external customers.
- VHF communication with boats
- Complete daily dockage activities
- Prepare all guest and annual dockage reservation
- Assist GM with all social media, monitor all social media avenues and marina reputation
- Complete, as assigned, tasks associated with all overall marketing of marina
- Must be available weekends from April 1st to November 1st to supervise marina office/boater registration/dock hand personnel
- Ensure daily financials are accurate and marina module is handled to the best of its capabilities
- Implement areas of the marketing plan to increase slip occupancy and transient activity
- Advertise boater parties, functions, and activities through the use of email, social media, and website
- Obtain, organize and utilize leads through maintaining customer lists of psychical and email addresses from seasonal, transient, retail, and service customers
- Assist Marina Manager in creating content for monthly and weekly newsletters/emails for tenants and customers
- Allocate work to direct reports, and in liaison with the General Manager, Dockmaster and to identify employees for training as per the organizations’ guidelines.
- Supervise direct reports in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling.
- Ensure that all the employees comply with the marina regulations regarding dress and expected behavior whilst reflecting consistently F3 Marina brand standards.
- In liaison with the Dockmaster and General Manager, ensure the smooth implementation of any disciplinary measure taken against an employee.
Technical Skills and Work Experience
- 3 years minimum experience in hospitality or marina industry.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management preferred.
- Good knowledge of office administration and basic accounting, book-keeping and cash handling procedures.
- Marketing knowledge, high creativity, group event planning recommended.
Applicant Qualifications – Edit
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of management experience do you have?
Job Settings – Edit
Hires Needed: 1 hire
Expected Hiring Date: 2 to 4 weeks
Application Settings – Edit
Apply method: Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Language – Edit
Additional Job Details – Edit
- Benefits offered: Paid time off, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs, Other types of insurance, Gym memberships or discounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement