About UsAt HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
HDR currently has an opening for a Bridge Intern in our Charleston, SC office with the technical skills and desire to help support our nationally recognized Bridge and Structures Program.
The primary duties will include:
* Apply structural engineering and detailing techniques in the development of bridge designs
* Work on projects that typically include bridges, box culverts, and interchange design for highway projects
* Select standard bridge engineering/design procedures, and develop structural details using specialized software
* Participate in bridge inspection, perform structural load calculations and assist with geometric layout and quantity development
* Prepare quantities and cost estimates
* Perform other duties as needed
* Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Civil Engineering program or bridge engineering related field
* Evidence of coursework related to bridge/structural engineering
* An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
* Strong preference given to local candidates
Why HDRAt HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.