System Assembler - 3rd Shift
January 23, 2019 | Whitewater, WI
This position is located in Whitewater, WI
Husco is committed to building an environment for employees to be able:
- To have the flexibility of their own work and put a personal 'stamp' on their output
- Continuously expand and development their professional skills and knowledge
- Create a product for our customers that serves a greater purpose to communities around the world
- Under the direction of the Team Leader, assembles or sub-assembles, test and package all mechanical and electrical components in the Automotive production lines.
- This is an entry level to intermediate level position.
- The position is primarily a training position for new hires or transfers to new areas where the individual has no experience in and requires training and supervision of component assembly.
- This level also includes operators trained proficiently on certain areas of the assembly operation.
- Performs basic assembly from provided assembly prints and instructions.
- Perform self-inspection on his/her assembly work.
- May be required to perform basic material handling, preparation of final product to include forklift and hand pallet operation.
- Full understanding and adherence to the Plant Operation Procedures, TS 16949 requirements, and operator work instructions.
- Exhibits initiative and accountability as to TS 16949 quality standards.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) with manufacturing experience helpful.
- Requires ability to understand basic hydraulics and general blueprint reading.
- Ability to use basic hand tools and torque equipment.
- Individuals will be required to complete above-noted course work when available.
- Fork-lift Training matrix (annual).
- Effective verbal communication skills with positive attitude.
- Dependable, exhibits initiative, accountability and maximizes use of time.
- Uses judgment and independent thinking to assure safe, accurate completion of assignments while meeting quality standards.
- In a standard workday this person will be required to stand 65%, walk 20%, lift 10%, bend, squat, and stoop or twist 5%.
- This individual will be required to lift materials weighing 1-50 lbs. occasionally.
- Fine manipulation and dexterity is needed in mechanical assembly; handling measuring equipment, in working with small parts/components, for data input, writing and phone dialing.
- This Assembler will perform frequent grasping motions with their hands, pushing and pulling motions of arms when moving product or when activating assembly equipment and operating tools.
- Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, competent blueprint reading abilities, eye-hand coordination, ability to read measurement control devices, and computer spreadsheet applications.
- Total awareness of the plant environment as it pertains to safety of other assemblers, machinists; operation of equipment, handling of material and visitors is required.
- This person may come in contact with all types of plant hazard: mechanical, electrical and chemical. Temperature and humidity conditions of the
- Environment is generally normal. Utilizes proper personal protective equipment which may include: safety glasses face mask, ear plugs, gloves and safety shoes/boots.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. (All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others). The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.
(This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.)
(HUSCO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.)