The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying and securing new business opportunities as well as growth of existing customer accounts for the Professional Staffing Division. Specifically:
- Identify new business opportunities and existing customer growth for the following job titles:
- Admin/Professional Office
- Human Resources
- Finance and Accounting
- Customer Support/Inside Sales
- Manage direct hire, contract to hire, and contract positions
The Business Development Manager will contribute to the overall revenue generation and profitability of the division though achieving established growth goals for:
- Number of new job orders received within the core job titles for temporary and temporary to hire assignments
- Fees generated through direct hire placements and conversion fees charged to a client when they choose to hire a temporary employee
- Setting pay and bill rates and direct hire fees in accordance with established division goals to maximize profitability
Role and Responsibilities
Primary duties will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities through established methods and best practices, including:
- Cold Calling to identify qualified prospect customers and the appropriate decision makers
- Establishing and growing customer relationships through phone, email, and face to face meetings
- Leads obtained from candidate interviews/reference checks (provided by recruiters), networking events, business publications, etc.
- Growing existing customer relationships and identifying new opportunities within our customers to increase business.
- Obtain and scope new job orders (temp, temp to hire, and direct hire) either over the phone or in person.
- Present new job order details to the recruiting team either in daily team meetings or ASAP for urgent orders.
- When appropriate, managing all or part of the job order process; including:
- Candidate (vetted and supplied by the recruiting team) presentation to the customer/hiring manager
- Pre and Post interview debrief with both the candidate and client
- Making job offers to candidates
- Being present at the client site for 1st day arrivals/check –ins (temp and temp to hire positions)
- Ongoing quality checks with both candidate and client (temp and temp to hire positions)
- Traveling on-site to client locations to interact with our candidates as requested by client (coaching, employee celebrations, client meetings, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience and/or Training
- 1 - 3+ years’ experience in sales
- Strong communication skills (phone, in-person, and email/written) with internal staff, candidates, and customer contacts
- Strong decision making and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change frequently
Technology/Equipment MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Internet