Position Summary: The Floater Teacher (FT) for ages 6 weeks to 3 years old is responsible for filling the role of either the Lead Teacher or Assistant Teacher when he or she is not in the classroom. The FT must be flexible and knowledgeable to work with any age group as needed. The FT assists other teaching staff in the daily programming for children enrolled in the Early Childhood Education Center at St. Joseph Academy (SJA). The role includes helping to provide developmentally appropriate practices and high quality early care and education. The FT works in partnership with the teaching staff to ensure that the needs of children and their families are understood and communicated as one of the primary SJA liaisons. The FT implements the early childhood program within local, state and federal guidelines, rules, regulations and laws, Wisconsin licensing, and accreditation standards.
Reports to: Co-Director
- AA degree in early childhood education or related field preferred (Staff meeting minimum requirement of a, Child Development Associate (CDA) or successful completion of 12 college credits in early childhood education; must agree to obtain professional credentials within 2 years of accepting the position)
- 1+ years experience within early care working in a licensed childcare setting
- Bilingual speaker (Spanish) preferred
- Exemplary interpersonal, collaborative, and planning skills
- Interest and ability to support children and their families
- Ability to analyze an issue, identify options, and implement solutions
- Ability to work cooperatively with people in and outside of the Education/Childcare Services department
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) and effectively interact with children, their family members, management, and staff members
- Ability to respond positively to work direction and guidance from others
- Ability to work independently
Equipment Used: Office equipment, personal computers, printers, phone systems, fax machine and photocopier
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Must have ability to sit (25%), walk/stand (75%), routinely throughout the shift. Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 lbs. Must have functional senses/manual dexterity to carry out the job; communicate effectively; and use of office equipment. Must have the ability to deal effectively with the stress of managing emergency/critical situations and multiple tasks.
Performs duties with exposure to infectious or communicable diseases inherent to care children, and occasional exposure to loud or unpleasant voices due to unpredictable behavior of the children and seasonal exposure to high humidity, heat and cold due to the internal and external environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities