GTRI's Dayton Field office seeks interns for a 12-week summer opportunity in GTRI's Dayton Field Office. Work tasks may include:
* Writing, translating, and coding software programs, applications, tools, and prototypes according to specifications;
* Configuring secure Linux servers and virtual environments, and deploying software within virtual machines;
* Running and monitoring tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging;
* Investigating, and staying at the forefront of technology (Software Development, Programming Languages, etc.);
* Administering diagnostic analysis of test results and delivering solutions to critical areas;
* Working closely with Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and users to understand Client needs and create optimal software and technology solutions to address those needs.
* Review and validate software/hardware requirements and functional design specifications
* Administering Help Desk functions to support the Atlassian suite of software to include user account creation, troubleshooting user issues, and other Help Desk related functions.
40 hours per weekU.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the US federal government, candidates for this position are required to be US Citizens.Clearance Type Required
Ability to obtain Secret Clearance upon hireDiversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.