SICK is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sensors, safety systems, and automatic identification products for industrial applications. Whether automating factories or optimizing distribution centers, SICK provides cost-effective solutions. We have been a technology leader for more than 70 years and with more than 50 global subsidiaries, SICK has a presence all over the world. Leveraging a history of innovation, our company has pioneered a long line of industry firsts-such as the first safety light curtain, the first color sensor, and many more.
An intern at SICK is involved in the day to day activities within the business through immersion into different projects. The intern will have the opportunity to work within a team to gain knowledge and first-hand experience of what a career in this industry would be like.
- Conduct market research on current competitors and potential customers in the area of robotics vision to identify potential new market opportunities
- Run an internal evaluation of a new SICK robotic guidance solution under the guidance of the designated manager with the assistance of a mentor and extended Application Engineering team.
- Support in house pre-sale technical evaluations and/or potential field evaluations of SICK vision solutions
- Work closely with the manager and a selected mentor to understand systems, processes, and key information.
- Actively seek out information to learn how SICK operates as a business (products, departments, etc.).
- Interface with other departments and interns to gain knowledge of the business, products, positions and more.
- Provide innovative recommendations on how SICK can improve.
- Complete a final presentation at the close of the internship that outlines the involved project(s) and knowledge gained.
- Provide feedback on the internship experience at the close of the internship.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Experience in industrial robotics strongly preferred.
- Ability to self-start and learn on the fly.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Ability to work in a general office environment.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment that offers challenges and the opportunity for growth, we're the place for you! SICK, Inc. has several locations throughout domestic US and offers competitive wages and an excellent benefits program. Qualified candidates can apply online by clicking the "Apply Online" button. Visit us at .
Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V