The Quality Technician is responsible for the implementing and monitoring our quality management system.
* Perform audits (product & process), assuring that production parts meet engineering specifications
* Analyze and leads/works on teams to solve quality problems,
* Analyze quality costs and other quality data,
* Prepare inspection plans and instructions,
* Prepares work instructions,
* Train production employees re: quality concepts and processes, product quality expectations and inspection
* Calibrate gauges.
* Write up:
o Corrective Action reports
o RMA's (Return Materials Authorization)
o Reject Reports.
* Fill out quality surveys (for our customers).
* Maintain customer files and vendor files, concerning quality issues.
* Meet with customers to discuss quality issues and quality improvements.
* Meet with vendors to discuss our quality concerns.
* Work with department coordinators to continuously improve quality.
Experience, Skills and Educational Requirements
Minimum of an Associate's Degree, a Bachelor's degree in a technical field is preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a detailed, quality-driven environment, or in a manufacturing environment.
Skills and Abilities
* Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills for delivering information and messages in a variety of situations across all levels of the organization. Must be adept at conflict resolution and be able to describe critical process interdependencies, risks and impacts.
* Must have an eye for detail and a bias toward quality in all aspects of work and product.
* Must be able to define quality concepts and quality processes, including Six Sigma basics, cost of quality, etc.;
* Must be able to apply quality tools;
* Must be able to interpret information and data;
* Must be able to apply team concepts both as a member and leader.
* Must be able to define statistical techniques, including basic elements of design of experiments (DOE) and reliability;
* Must be able to determine what data to collect for a specific technique, how to apply it to various statistical methods, and how to analyze results.
* Must know which measurement and test equipment (M&TE) tools are appropriate for various tasks and how to assess tool accuracy and precision;
* Must understand the concept of standards traceability for M&TE.
* Must understand and be able to apply basic inspection and testing techniques, including various types of sampling plans; must be able to read and interpret blueprints (drawings), including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
* Must understand and be able to apply various quality audit types and their components, tools, and techniques.
* Must understand and be able to apply the elements of corrective and preventive actions, including root cause analysis, failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), and the control of nonconforming material.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org