JOB POSTING! BUT FIRST, A MESSAGE:
We understand these are confusing times as we navigate the COVID-19 crisis. We are still actively seeking caregivers and support staff for our clients. We can do virtual interviews and paperwork can be completed online. Some positions may not start until the current situation is over, but interviews and hiring procedures can be completed now so you can begin a wonderful new job when this crisis has passed. The completion and approval of required paperwork can sometimes take weeks. This is the PERFECT time to start that process!
AND WITH THAT, HERE IS JUST ONE OF MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE WITH OUR WONDERFUL CLIENTS:
Community Integration Specialist/ Paid Peer Mentor - Waukesha
Want to make a difference in a young man's life? We are hiring an engaging person to join our team to help a young man through friendship and social engagement. The ideal candidate will be engaging, calm, positive and reliable, with previous experience working with people with autism. Community integration specialist/ Peer mentor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing individual program goals and going on community outings. The young man needs time to know and trust a new person, so we hire with an eye to long-term employment. Part-time, up to 12 hours a week. Wage is $15.00 an hour. If interested, please send your resume and a cover letter highlighting your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Up to 12 hours a week in order to maximize the time for community time and peer mentor engagement
Caregiver responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Engaging client with preferred activities (outside recreation, art, working out and music is a start)
- Facilitating community integration and transportation
- Focus on positive enjoyable engagement to deter maladaptive behaviors
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Experience in special education, psychology, communicative disorders and/or related field.
- 1+ years of experience working with children/adults with autism.
- Behavioral management experience.
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation (mileage reimbursed).
- Clean motor vehicle record (driving may be required).
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Job location: Waukesha