At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
Provides professional nursing care to those we serve including a comprehensive assessment, planning, coordination, teaching, documenting, counseling, and providing direct physical care. Evaluates response to care and progress towards outcomes. Assists other personnel providing delegated aspects of care. Demonstrates knowledge of and delivers care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the State in which employed. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and evaluate geriatric populations.
- Implements interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent.
- Utilizes critical thinking to appropriately delegate tasks and evaluate the effectiveness of care.
- Promotes team work through collaboration, positive communication and role modeling, respecting the individuality of each resident/family and fellow staff members.
- Supports the management team in implementing goals, including quality improvement activities.
- Follows regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment.
- Contributes to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident's condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Performs delegated care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assists residents and families with care planning, education and referrals.
- Responsible for resident safety, identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood.
- Provides support with Activities of Daily Living as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Interprets existing policies and procedures to licensed nurses, certified nursing assistants, certified medication aides, residents, and families.
- Supervises staff, evaluates the provision of direct resident care, and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Follows staffing guidelines and make nursing assignments according to qualifications of staff and characteristics of the resident population.
- Participates in the employee evaluation process by providing information on the clinical performance of licensed nurses, certified nursing assistants and certified medications aides to the DON or DCS.
- Monitors staff compliance with infection control, personal protection equipment, blood borne pathogens, hazardous material handling and fire safety.