Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The Blast Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring the transfer of finished product from the staging area to designated blast freezer cell with a forklift, as well as, pull frozen finished product from blast freezer and transfer to the finished product warehouse in a timely manner ensuring adherence to safety standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions in English
- Ability to drive forklifts including stand-up, sit-down and tandem
- Ability to work in an extreme cold environment for long periods of time
- Ability to move up to 75 lbs
- Basic math skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Perform required safety check of equipment before use
- Retrieve finished product from staging area to designated blast freezer cell using a forklift
- Transfer product to blast cell rack following blast racking procedure; ensuring blast cell door is closed for correct freeze time
- Ensure blast tracking board is updated including product description and product code of finished product and available cells
- Ensure all product is checked for correct temperature before sending to the finished goods warehouse
- Load finished product on rollers
- Ability to operate tilt tables
- Adhering to 5'S standards
- May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of forklift safety and troubleshooting
- Ability to understand the effects of product damage
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to work individually as well as with others as a team at all levels
- Knowledge of GMP's
- Ability to be PIT Certified
Education: High school diploma or GED preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum 6 months forklift experience preferred.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.