Our client located in downtown Milwaukee is adding a Risk Analyst to their staff, the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the following:
• Examine and manipulate data to perform analyses of housing trends, prepayment risk, default risk, severity of loss or other trends that could affect the products or services currently offered or under development for future consideration.
• Utilize one or more analytical tools from a suite of mortgage modeling applications to perform appropriate analysis on specific products or transactions. This work requires consideration and understanding of multiple variables that can affect outcomes.
• In addition to performing the quantitative analyses, structure the results and present findings and recommendations to management.
• Contribute to the update and maintenance of loan default, prepayment and severity models and collaborate with the model development team to develop and test improvements to analytical models used in production.
At a minimum, in order to be considered you must have:
• A Master’s degree in Business or Economics with emphasis in statistical modeling, finance, or real estate
• At least five (5) years of work experience in advanced financial or statistical analysis
• Demonstrated deep analytical skills as well as the ability to translate complex analysis into accurate and meaningful deliverables
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
We also prefer you have:
• Established understanding and experience in the mortgage lending and insurance industries as well as with mortgage modeling tools
• Solid programming skills. SAS, R or Tableau preferred
• Excellent problem solving skill and the ability to connect the dots, see the big picture and find and communicate solutions
• Experience with continuous business process improvement