In this job, you will be responsible for testing a variety of medium to high-voltage switchgear units and subassemblies. This job requires constant attention to detail, good oral and written communication skills, and good problem-solving skills. You will use hand and power tools; occasionally work while standing on ladders; and occasionally work inside tight compartments.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Using high voltage and high current test equipment.
• Using specialized, computer-assisted test equipment.
• Applying mathematics to solve electrical formulas.
• Verifying the integrity of wiring, wire harnesses, and sophisticated electromechanical assemblies.
• One to three years of electrical testing or equivalent education such as Associates Degree - Electronics and Computer Technology.
• Ability to read simple to complex blueprints, wiring drawings, schematic diagrams, and specifications.
• Knowledge in the use of oscilloscopes and digital multimeters.