INTERNET EXPLORER USERS - MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING VERSION 9.0 OR HIGHER OR USE GOOGLE CHROME OR FIREFOX.
To apply for this position, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the button that reads: "APPLY NOW"
Wisconsin Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disability/Vet).
|Case Manager - Targeted Case Management (TCM)
Join a great team!
We are a fast-paced Community Based Mental Health program seeking a person with the following qualities: Compassionate; experience working with individuals who have a mental illness; a sense of humor; attention to detail; organized; independent worker; experience with computers.
We are open 8AM-4PM, Monday through Friday.
Working as a Case Manager in our Targeted Case Management program offers many unique opportunities and benefits:
*Our Case Managers serve adults who have serious and persistent mental illness. Your work will make a significant impact to those who are often overlooked and underserved.
*MSW graduates - Earn your 3,000 clinical hours towards licensure (LCSW or LPC).
*Many licensing fees and CEUs are paid by the agency.
*WCS is a qualifying nonprofit agency under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
*Our culture is team-oriented, and one of camaraderie and dedication to each other.
This position encompasses the care of people dealing with and recovering from mental illness. Under supervision, this position will develop a treatment relationship with the clients of the program. This position will also develop and implement the treatment plan, which will include the necessary follow-up, case management and intervention required.
Essential Functions include:
1. Develop a treatment relationship with consumer and formulate treatment plans on his/her caseload that will detail treatment to be provided.
2. Provide psychosocial rehabilitation, symptom monitoring & management and supportive counseling to consumers on caseload.
3. Monitor client's psychiatric medication regimen and compliance as directed by the physician.
4. Provide crisis intervention and supportive counseling to consumers who are in crisis.
5. Responsible for maintaining treatment oriented environment (under supervision of program supervisor) and assure consistency in carrying out treatment objectives.
6. Coordinate utilization of various community resources, day programs and outside health care providers.
7. Assists clients in financial planning and development of income resources.
8. Coordinate consumer access to services and all entitlement programs.
9. Provide treatment related education and liaison with client's family.
10. Assist client in securing adequate housing and prompting and training for skills necessary to keep housing.
Bachelor's Degree in a behavioral science required, with a preference for social work experience; Master's Degree encouraged; meet all WCS requirements for criminal and caregiver background checks, references, and driving record; valid driver's license with automobile and sufficient insurance to meet agency requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good computer skills including Word, Excel and the CSP Exchange; good organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to meet deadlines; some knowledge of mental illness and the ability to work with individuals diagnosed with mental illness. Ability to work as a team and independently.
|Other Job Information (if applicable):|
Work is performed largely in the community, which includes an apartment setting, client home, community locations or other various settings. Hours of work will be during regular business hours but will vary depending on consumer and/or program needs and will average at least 40 hours a week.
Position is mobile with time spent in the community, including transporting clients, home visits and in the office; driving throughout Milwaukee County; must be able to go up and down stairs and lift and carry 20 pounds to assist case managers with routine client moves.
Wisconsin Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability, status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.