Generally includes responsibility for operating one or more pieces of bakery production equipment, including divider, rounder, overhead proofer, etc. Duties include proper machine set up, monitoring quality and speed of throughput, housekeeping, and may include postproduction cleanup, all accomplished in a safe and sanitary environment.
* Monitors machine operation and settings make appropriate adjustments to ensure standards set by management are adhered to and to minimize/eliminate waste; contacts lead to resolve difficulties beyond what incumbent is trained/authorized to handle
* Makes appropriate weight, temperature, time and other checks to ensure product quality is at standards set by management
* Refills dusting flour, divider oil, etc. as required lifting/handling techniques when handling equipment, supplies or other materials
* Completes all company required paperwork to document periodic quality checks, to account for product produced and to provide other records as required by the company
* Communicates regularly with Lead regarding problems and suggestions, reports unsafe conditions immediately
* Follows all company safety policies and procedures including wears personal protective equipment as required and/or provided by the company (e.g. gloves, goggles, etc); follows proper lock out tag out procedures
* Keeps equipment and area clean during production run; is alert to slip-trip-fall hazards in area, takes any required action to eliminate/minimize the potential accidents
Physical requirements of position:
* Must have sufficient visual acuity to set up machinery and to monitor machine operation and flow;
* Must have manual dexterity to move safely in an area of automated equipment;
* Must have manual dexterity to accommodate machine adjustments, and feeding of supplies/ingredients
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. 4 times per hour.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org