MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, DC. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis-caring for the whole person-MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment. MedStar Georgetown's healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
The successful candidate is a mammography technologist who will perform high quality breast imaging using state of the art technology at the Betty Lou Ourisman Comprehensive Breast Center, an accredited ACR Breast Center of Excellence and part of the NCI designated Lombardi Cancer Center. The successful candidate will provide excellent patient centered care for patients undergoing screening and diagnostic mammography, breast biopsies and preoperative localizations.
* Ability to perform ACR acceptable mammographic images with attention to patient comfort, positioning and technique.
* Ability to effectively communicate with patients, colleagues (including physicians), and staff in a respectful and productive manner.
* Ability to maintain a patient centered focus and perform additional tasks as required to optimize the patient experience that include providing patients with basic information concerning procedures.
* Ability to/willingness to learn biopsy and procedure skills including preoperative localizations, stereotactic and tomosynthesis guided and ultrasound biopsies.
* Ability to problem solve and take initiative to improve processes and workflows
Completion of a formal radiologic technology training program
ARRT registered with advanced certification in Mammography or be mammography certification eligible (new graduates will be considered).
* BLS certification required.