POSITION SUMMARY: Provide direct dental services to the clinic's patients in accordance with the general policies and standards of performance established by the clinic. Elicit detailed patient histories and conduct complete dental assessment. Perform dental care and treatment program including: diagnosis, preventive, operative, prosthetic, endodontic, pedodontic, surgical and oral pathologic procedures.
POSITION-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide all dental care generally provided at an ambulatory care facility, on an outpatient basis and such pre-operative care in minor surgery normally performed on an outpatient basis.
- Responsible for the delivery of care, treatment, and referrals. Arrange for referral resources for those dental specialties not provided by the Corporation for patients of the clinic.
- Evaluate patients, based on dental training, to determine the condition of the patient, through the performance of examinations, thereby, establishing a proposed treatment plan and diagnosis, if applicable.
- Maintain high standard of dental practice and participate in the training and development of the dental team. Assist in educating both the patients and clinic staff.
- Provide direction and training to semi-professional and para-professional dental staff.
- Assist in the development, implementation and monitoring of dental clinic policies, protocol and procedures as needed to achieve goals and objectives.
- Assist with the development, implementation and monitoring of the dental quality assurance program.
- Provide emergency instructions and referrals during non-clinical hours while on call.
- Provide the necessary back-up to the on-call dentist, with regard to giving directions on an appropriate treatment plan.
- As a member of the health care team, exemplify an example in attitude toward patients and staff, thereby, performing duties with respect, dignity, privacy, and modesty to the patients.
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary. Make recommendations, suggestions, etc., on chart information forms.
- Fulfill state required Continuing Educational Credits within designated time frame. Attend professional conventions and seminars, participate in professional societies, and do all things reasonable, necessary and desirable to maintain and improve his/her professional skills.
- Document each on site/in office procedure, prescription, consultation and patient contact in patient's chart and on the clinic's encounter forms, within a 24-hour period.
- Counsel patient regarding dental, medical and other problems which might affect patient's health and well-being.
- Perform such clinical procedures for patient's benefit which are within scope and skill of practitioner and which are economically feasible.
- Participate and cooperate in all reasonable efforts with the clinic to apply for and secure public or private grants, contracts, and donations, and all customary and desirable accreditation, licensing and permits.
- Perform other job related duties, as may be assigned.
- Education: Graduate and completion of an accredited School of Dentistry.
- Experience: Previous direct patient care experience preferred.
- Expertise: Currently licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin. Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy towards patients. Able to develop teaching and counseling sessions, as needed. Must be able to adapt to changing situations and circumstances. Must be willing and able to assume and delegate the needs of clinic patients, as a member of the health care team
- Language: Comprehend and use basic language either written or spoken to communicate information and ideals.
- Hours of Work: May vary based on Organizational need.
- Travel: May vary based on Organizational need.
Material Handling Activities
1-33% of Day
34-66% of Day
67-100% of Day
Lifting Less than 10lbs. x 10lbs. to 50lbs.X More than 50 lbs. CARRYINGX PUSHINGX PULLINGX OTHER (SPECIAL): COMMENTS:
Non-Material Handling Activities
0% of DayOCCASIONAL
1-33% of DayFREQUENT
34-66% of DayCONSTANT
67-100% of Day SITTINGx STANDINGx BENDING (Stooping)x REACHING-FORWARDx REACHING-OVERHEADx CLIMBINGx SQUATTING (Crouching)x KNEELINGx WALKINGx CRAWLINGx BALANCINGx REPETITIVE LEG/ARM MOVEMENT
(Foot or Hand Controls)
EEO/AA: Milwaukee Health Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Milwaukee Health Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Milwaukee Health Services expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Milwaukee Health Services employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.