Under the direction of the IT Director, the IT Help Desk Specialist will investigate and resolve software and hardware problems.
- Answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Consult with user to collect information about problem and lead user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error.
- Troubleshoot and determine whether problem is caused by hardware, software or is user related.
- Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems.
- Logs and tracks calls using problem management database, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Makes recommendations to reduce help line incident rate.
- Calls software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Setup and Install computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Computer related Associates degree from or current enrollment in a two year college or university
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training.
- Knowledge of standard office productivity applications, Windows operating systems, Google Apps and a basic understanding of computer hardware functionality and networking concepts.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills as well as patience and a customer friendly attitude
- Ability to balance responsibilities despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Capable of working well in group problem solving situations, as well as individually
- Strong attention to detail
JX Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.