A rapidly growing manufacturer of high performance carbide cutting tools that serves the Automotive, Agricultural and Construction, Oil and Gas, Aerospace and Medical Industries, is in need of machine operators.
Due to growth, we are seeking 3rd shift machine operators, Sunday -Thursday from 10pm-6am, salary plus shift premium. We also have a few 2nd shift machine operator opportunities as well.
Primary Job Functions:
* Determine sequence of Operations by studying blueprints, specifications and work orders,; by sorting shop orders by expected delivery dates and maximize materials utilization and minimize machine set up.
* Performs machine set up and operations by adjusting machine according to work orders; by determining reference points, machine cutting paths and by setting and adjusting speed, feed and other controls.
* Maintains work piece quality by observing machine operation to detect work piece defects or machine malfunctions: by taking corrective action as necessary; by measuring work piece dimensions with measuring instruments and to determine accuracy of machine operations.
* Prevents rework and scrap by focusing on the task at hand; by ensuring tools/machine are ready for production.
* Keep management informed by reporting problems immediately to Management.
* Complies with established procedures by learning and following all policies and procedures including OSHA and ISO policies in order to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the company.
* High school diploma or G.E.D
* Ability to apply concepts of basic math skills
* Ability to problem solve and communicate
Salary is based on experience , shift premiums paid for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Experience with CNC machines is ideal but not necessary.
-Waida (2nd & 3rd)
-Walter (2nd & 3rd)
-Horizontal Surface Grinders
Sumitomo offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K contribution and profit sharing.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com