The Scheduler is responsible for computer appointment scheduling for all clinics, updating computer patient demographic and insurance information. This position will actively manage provider schedules to ensure maximum productivity/scheduled appointments each day.
1. Schedule and coordinate patient appointments via phone following company protocols, procedures and physician schedule templates when applicable.
2. Explain insurance and financial policies when scheduling appointments.
3. Answer telephone, screen calls, take messages, and provide information according to protocol.
4. Maintain physician schedules, ensuring that all patients are scheduled properly and appointments are confirmed.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma, GED/HSED, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. 1-2 years of recent medical office experience in a similar capacity is preferred.
2. Previous customer service experience is preferred.
3. Proficient in basic computer functions.
4. Ability to learn new software quickly.
5. Must possess excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills.
6. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
7. Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm is preferred.
8. Must possess attention to detail.
9. Ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as part of a team.
10. Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism and direction from supervisors.
11. Must demonstrate professional appearance and manner at all times.
12. Must display a friendly, cheerful, tactful, and polite demeanor, and must be compassionate and caring in dealing with others.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
1. Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment.
2. Ability to efficiently operate all job related office equipment (telephone, computer, calculator, fax, copier).
3. Ability to communicate via telephone.
4. Ability to sit for large portions of a workday.