Machinists and machine operators with a minimum of one year operational experience (lathes and machining centers) or have at least one year of machine tool training or are currently students in a machine tool program. Able to read prints and use measuring equipment (calipers and micrometers) and gauging. Set up and/or programming is a definite plus. Upon completion of training will be able to:
* Set-up and operate 5-Axis machine centers under minimal supervision by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices.
* Verify settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to ISO standards. Inspect first piece and in-process pieces to ensure parts are to specification or drawing.
* Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; monitoring tool life; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Ability to hold tight tolerances (.0002" to .0005") with reaming, boring and interpolation milling.
* Complete all related paper work – work orders, inspection documents, and tracking sheets as required.
* Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Have extensive knowledge of various metals and related cutting tools.
* 1-2 years experience CNC Milling, including set-ups and 1st Piece runs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Familiarity with DMG 5-Axis Mill-Turns and Machining Centers with Siemens control is a huge plus!
Qualifications and Skills
* Effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
* Accurately read and comprehend complex blue prints (GD&T a plus), work instructions, ISO procedures, etc.
* Possess advanced shop math skills including trigonometry.
* Demonstrate proficiency with precision measuring tools used in machining processes.
* Ability to select and adjust appropriate tools and materials to attain demanding standards in different work situations.
* Possess knowledge of and ability to solve unique problems that are diversified and involved.
* Demonstrate creativity and sound judgement to adapt standard practices and principles to meet new conditions.
* Be able to operate material handling equipment
* Be able to handle heavy lifting – over 50 lbs
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com