Senior Personal Trust Associate
Overview: The Senior Personal Trust Associate will perform a variety of duties to support PFG’s Senior Trust Administrators and their Personal Trust and Estate Settlement clients, including direct client communication, assessing and analyzing outstanding client issues, paperwork preparation and coordination, and transaction processing. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, work with a high degree of accuracy and have an aptitude for research and problem resolution within short deadlines. He/she should have a working knowledge of investment advisory products and strong knowledge of / background in fiduciary account structures. We are particularly interested in candidates who have an interest in pursuing a Trust Administration career with a successful and growing wealth management organization!
Prairie Financial Group®
A Division of Waukesha State Bank
Status: Full time (exempt)
PFG Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8AM – 5PM
Reports to: Vice President - Manager of Personal Trust
- Apply industry knowledge and experience to address a variety of Personal Trust and Estate Settlement client matters.
- Analyze and assess ongoing client issues, and exercise judgement responding to and following up with clients regarding outstanding items.
- Work closely with Senior Trust Administrators, keeping them apprised on the status of any client matters.
- Complete administrative account reviews.
- Create and maintain trust accounting transactions, records, notices, and reports.
- Review accounts, maintain procedural controls, analyze and resolve discrepancies as they occur, and report/escalate issues and findings as appropriate to ensure overall accuracy and compliance with company and regulatory policy and procedures.
- Prepare and process paperwork for new and existing trust account relationships and provide ongoing management of all account records, both electronic and paper, in accordance with department and regulatory standards.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities for process improvement as issues/discrepancies arise, and suggest proactive resolutions/procedural changes where appropriate.
- Provide occasional backup support on Operations tasks.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Senior Trust Administrators and/or Manager of Personal Trust.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Personal Trust and Estate Settlement Administration or closely related field.
- Advanced proficiency with FIS AddVantage trust accounting system, or experience with an alternate trust accounting system and the ability to quickly gain advanced proficiency with FIS AddVantage.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, accounting, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact in a professional and patient manner with Trust clients / beneficiaries.
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and work within tight deadlines or timeframes.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Positive, proactive and team-oriented attitude, with a desire to embrace change and take initiative to support the overall goals of the department.
- Desire to work in a community bank and represent WSB and PFG in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Employment with Waukesha State Bank is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.