Time Line:14 weeks - Full time - May through August, 2018
Hours:8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
Pay Rate:$12.00 Per Hour
Number of positions available: 2
Description of Duties:
This position will perform the functions of roadway construction and maintenance project inspections, various survey data gathering tasks, help with hydraulic analysis of sanitary sewer systems, infrastructure asset data updates using GPS equipment and/or data entry in the City's GIS system, and many other varied engineering related tasks. The position's responsibilities and work will be performed both outside and in an office setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of general construction practices of municipal infrastructure including roadway and sanitary sewer construction. Experience with inspection of roadway, sanitary, and storm sewer construction is preferred but not required.
- Desire to learn and take an active role in quality assurance, inspection, and project management of City's infrastructure maintenance and rehabilitation programs.
- Ability to operate use survey equipment including the ability to learn and operate GPS equipment.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and have the ability to operate a car and work outdoors.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer systems operation. Understanding and ability to use Microsoft Windows and AutoCAD software. Ability to read and understand basic computer generated drawings.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and apply software manufacturers' directions for program operation and application.
- Ability to perform basic math functions. Ability to calculate and enter data into software program fields.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward cover letter, resume and a completed City of Mequon Employment Application firstname.lastname@example.org City of Mequon, Human Resources, 11333 N Cedarburg Road, Mequon, WI 53092. All application materials must be turned in by 4:00 p.m. on March 26.