The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
- Contributes to scientific planning to under the leadership of a senior RWD scientist
- Performs literature reviews and puts together summary materials
- Supports development of study protocols which accurately address study objectives
- Qualifies healthcare code lists for secondary research based on best practices
Additionally, the selected intern will be asked to participate in various intern activities, which may include workshops with leaders in the organization, our mentor program, and our Poster Symposium among other activities.
NOTE: You must attach a copy of your transcript in order to be considered.
- You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- Interest in learning about RWD
- Understanding of private and public RWD sources
- Experience with reading medical literature
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Enrolled in Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Statistics, Biostatistics, Mathematics or similar areas of academic
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university during program calendar year 2018.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks
- Previous experience in the job duties listed, either through course work or industry/academia
- Participation in student organizations and/or other leadership experience
- At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at .
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Location United States, California, Pleasanton
- Function Engineering
- Subfunction Internship / Trainee Engineering
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Entry Level
- Job type Internship / Student
- Division Diagnostics
- Posted since 2018/02/08
- Posted until 2018/03/11
- Job-ID 00455828
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.