Genentech's Corporate Relations staff works to reinforce and enhance Genentech's reputation as an ethical, caring, science-based company that improves human health care and sets the standard for the international biotechnology industry. It does so through honest, effective communications with Genentech's many target audiences, both internal and external, and by promoting fair representation of the company in the media. This group's efforts facilitate the long-term business interests of the company and solidify Genentech's reputation as a scientific and business leader in the biotechnology industry.
We engage with people, tell our story, and inspire belief in our company's mission. Our values are to be bold, humorous, agile, decisive, accountable, supportive and strategic.
Support the team on day-to-day corporate communications activities that help protect and promote Genentech's brand reputation. Potential for additional opportunities to take on a larger projects depending upon expertise, interests, and professional development goals.
- Conduct a research and analysis project that would supplement team projects
- Draft communications materials, e.g., media statements, messaging, social media content for our sustainability and Corporate Giving Programs
- Assist the team in various administrative or operational activities, such as coordinating, scheduling and preparing for meetings or presentations, formatting or editing materials, presentations or other documentation, etc.
- In hiring new employees, we look for people who are also inspired by our mission and who would fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial spirit of the company culture. Because we know that employees are critical to our success in bringing novel medicines to patients, we are dedicated to remaining a great place to work and to providing employees with programs, services and benefits that allow them to bring the best to the business and to their personal lives.
- Bachelors (sophomore or higher), or recent graduate in Communications, Public Relations, Business
- Completed at least two years of undergraduate studies
- Public relations / communications experience a plus
- Approaches assignments in a structured manner by setting goals, devising a plan to achieve those goals, and meeting them in a timely manner
- High level of self-motivation, excellent organizational skills, and academic, extracurricular, professional, and/or personal accomplishment
- Core leadership attributes, including: independence, responsibility, patience, integrity, energy, collaboration, creativity, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills; writes clearly and concisely; adapts communication style to match the audience, method, and purpose
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to understand the needs of multiple and diverse stakeholders and work effectively individually and as part of a team
- A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at .
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Location United States, California, South San Francisco
- Function Communications
- Schedule Full-time
- Job level Entry Level
- Job type Internship / Student
- Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
- Posted since 2018/02/07
- Posted until 2018/03/10
- Job-ID 00455794
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.