TITLE: Operator B
DEPARTMENT NAME AND NUMBER: Operations/Packaging
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- Operate various pieces of equipment within food production facility. Duties include proper machine set-up, monitoring quality and speed, housekeeping, and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES* Generally includes responsibility for operating one or more pieces of packaging production equipment, including Texwrap, ADCO, and Tiromat. Duties include sufficient visual acuity to set up machinery and to monitor machine operation and flow; must have manual dexterity to move safely in an area of automated equipment; must have manual dexterity to accommodate machine adjustments, and feeding of supplies/ingredients.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Relevant experience within a high speed manufacturing environment, food manufacturing is a plus.* Need to be able to read an HMI.* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, production schedules and correspondence.
- Follows all company safety policies and procedures including wears personal protective equipment as required and/or provided by the company (e.g. gloves, goggles, etc); follows proper lock out tag out procedures.
- Keeps equipment and area clean during production run; is alert to slip-trip-fall hazards in area, takes any required action to eliminate/minimize the potential accidents.
* Ability to write standard documentation.* Ability to effectively communicate information with other employees of the organization (Line and Area Leads, Supervisors, Quality, etc.).* Must be set up and maintain work areas (supplies, tables, tools, etc.) for efficient operation and maintain appropriate records.* Prior experience operating conveyors, cartoners, wrapping and labeling equipment.
- Ability to prioritize work activities in accordance to scheduled operating precedence (SOC, SOP).
* Assists in other phases of production as directed by supervision.* Use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools or controls.* Frequently required to stand and occasionally is required to walk; sit; reach above shoulder; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk or hear.* Regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Monitors machine operation and settings make appropriate adjustments to ensure standards set by management are adhered to and to minimize/eliminate waste; contacts lead to resolve difficulties beyond what incumbent is trained/authorized to handle.
- Communicates regularly with Lead regarding problems and suggestions, reports unsafe conditions immediately.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or Equivalent is preferred, or a combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to read, write and have basic verbal communication in English.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Basic Math Skills.
Resumes can be sent to email@example.com