The Electrical Controls Designer provides technical support for small to mid-scale projects; Typically, development and/or implementation of new manufacturing technology in support of new products lines or improvements in existing product lines. The Electrical Controls Designer drives root cause analysis using technical knowledge.
- Develop electrical control panel drawings and generate bills of material - Support the build and installation of custom control systems/panels
- Modify electrical designs and layout
- Assist with validation design, execution, and report writing
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide troubleshooting support for machinery
- Provide engineering assistance to improve plant safety
- Research new technology and provide recommendations
-Requires a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years industry experience with control systems
- Prior experience with PLC programming; familiarity with Rockwell and Allen Bradley systems
- Recent AutoCAD experience required. AutoCAD Electrical experience is preferred
- Must be proficient in the application of AC, DC, and Servo Drives
- Requires strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Strong mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong PC Skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) as well as experience with Gmail and Google Apps
- Strong project management skills