Waukesha State Bank
Assistant Teller Supervisor
Hours: Full Time – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM Monday – Friday & 8:00 AM-12:30 PM Saturdays
Summary: The responsibility of the Assistant Teller Supervisor is to drive customer service excellence in their office by building customer relationships, exuding professionalism, coaching and mentoring the Teller Team, resolving conflict and assisting the Teller Supervisor with daily activities. The Assistant Teller Supervisor is a role model of accuracy, organization and attention-to-detail for the staff and assists with monthly reporting, audits, schedules, daily tasks and adherence to bank policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with opening and closing duties within the office and operational tasks as needed.
- Ensure customers are serviced effectively and accurately within a friendly and professional setting.
- Mentor, coach and develop Tellers in job duties.
- Help create and maintain an atmosphere of teamwork and professionalism.
- Provide assistance to Tellers with balancing, overrides or complex situations presented by customers.
- Assist Teller Supervisors with Teller schedules, help manage monthly reports, conduct monthly audits and ensure daily teller tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure bank policies and procedures are adhered to and auditing controls are observed.
- Communicate consistently with Teller Supervisor and Bank Manager regarding significant employee issues.
- Provide back-up support in opening new deposit accounts.
- Consult and advise customers on bank products and services.
- Accurately prepare and execute new account documents.
- Cross-sell bank products and make referrals to other service areas and proactively uncover opportunities for service delivery.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned by Teller Supervisor and Bank Manager.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills
- 2 years of retail banking experience
- 1 year in a retail supervisory role
- Displayed ability to communicate effectively – written & oral
- Desire to coach, mentor and train employees to success
- Outstanding attention-to-detail and organizational skills
- Desire to excel in a community bank environment and contribute to the long-term success of the organization.
- Commitment to representing the bank in a professional and ethical manner at all times
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The ability to stand for at least 9 hour/shifts
- The ability to lift up to 50.5 lbs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.