Do you have a passion for technology and providing outstanding client service? Do you enjoy being the go-to for technology and thrive on troubleshooting different problems every day? Then consider a position on our Service Desk, a team who provides technical services and support to Baird associates across the country. This fun, energetic team works in a complex technical environment of over 500 different software applications, which allows team members to constantly learn and grow.
The Service Desk Technician provides primary and advanced client support by taking calls, answering email, responding to tickets, answering support related questions, performing desk-side support, and participating in cross-team projects. This position serves as the centralized entry point and provides escalated troubleshooting for all technology related service requests and support related issues for the Baird IT department. This position is based in our downtown Milwaukee headquarters with the hours for this position will be 10am-7pm CT.
As a Service Desk Technician, you will:
What makes this opportunity great?
- Provide outstanding client service using a combination of effective communication and troubleshooting skills to resolve client issues and fulfill requests.
- Ask appropriate probing questions to gather relevant information to aid in resolution of request.
- Effectively utilize knowledge management system when troubleshooting client issues.
- Troubleshoot and image PCs, printers, and mobile devices.
- Maintain knowledgebase articles pertaining to Baird IT support actions ensuring articles are accurate and up to date.
- Document, track and monitor client incidents and requests in ticketing system to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
- Set client expectations when opening and assigning tickets and ensures all request/services are executed on time in accordance with service level agreements with the business.
- Prioritize and escalate support incidents and requests based on business impact and documented guidelines.
- Communicate technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Identify trends with incoming calls to effectively initiate incident escalation process where appropriate.
- Make recommendations to better assist associates and improve the overall efficiency of daily operating procedures.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of core hardware standards and applications, as well as new technologies/applications being introduced in order to provide technically accurate solutions to clients.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Be willing to participate in rotational "on-call".
What we look for:
- Information technology is a core part of Baird's business strategy and plays a critical role in the growth and transformation of the firm.
- Fortune 100 and Computer World Best Company to Work For with collaborative culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Ability to use a breadth of technology to positively impact the technology experience for all Baird associates.
Who we are:
- Associate's degree in computer science, business or related field (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- 1 to 3 years of IT support experience
- Advanced experience supporting Microsoft Windows O/S and Microsoft Office Suite
- Advanced problem-solving skills and able to troubleshoot a variety of issues.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow IT Service Management or other incident tracking systems
- Experience with ITIL methodology, primarily incident and problem management
- Working knowledge of networking concepts and protocols
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software and related technology
- Team player with a strong work ethic and operates with a sense of urgency
- Customer-service focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, calm, and courteous telephone mannerisms
- Displays high initiative and works well under pressure
- Flexible, fast learner with the ability to multi-task
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has more than $171 billion in client assets and over 3,300 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 4 on the Fortune Magazine Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2017, its fourteenth consecutive year on the list. To learn more about Baird's culture, click