Applications Support Specialist
Classification: Support Staff—Full-time
Reports to: Manager of IT Application Services
Description: The Applications Support Specialist is responsible for daily application administration and maintenance as well as analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of various campus enterprise applications. The Applications Specialist will also provide training support for end-users and serve as a liaison between IT Services and campus departments.
• Perform support of enterprise applications including technical troubleshooting, project management, user requirement analysis, reporting, and training.
• Monitors applications and takes corrective action to prevent or minimize down time in the areas of system enhancements, upgrades and database management.
• Communicate with end-users to evaluate business processes, assess needs, identify key challenges, and define project scope and deliverables.
• Coordinate hardware/software installation, upgrades, training, and support.
• Conducts proactive research and evaluation of trends to make recommendations based
on current university needs
• Provide backup support for other Applications systems.
• Responsible for integration, administration, and maintenance of various campus
• Responsible for integration, administration, and maintenance of the University's Print
• Design and maintain standard procedures to ensure the effective and efficient use for
designated applications and systems.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associate degree required. Bachelor degree with major in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering preferred.
• Minimum (2) years' experience in applications support.
• Experience in analyzing business/user requirements and project management
• Ability to solve problems quickly, completely, and on time.
• Proficiency with SQL and relational databases, including database design, queries, stored procedures, triggers and functions.
• Basic Windows Server knowledge and administration.
• Experience with higher education applications such as, but not limited to: EMS
Scheduling or equivalent solutions, Blackboard, and/or Transact systems, Feith
Document Imaging, TMA, or Jenzabar CX ERP system highly desired.
• Programming experience desired: .Net programming (C#), HTML, PERL, JAVA, CSS,
XML, web services, IIS, and LINUX/UNIX.
• Experience with designing, developing and integrating Web technologies/applications
using ASP.Net preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire new technical skills.
Human Relations Skills:
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. • Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Service-oriented attitude.
• Customer service oriented
• Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to coordinate multiple assignments/projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with a diverse group of colleagues
and end users.
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
• Valid drivers' license and ability to be insured under the University's insurance plan preferred
Human Resources Carroll University
100 N. East Avenue Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE