Kalmbach Media, a multichannel media and marketing company serving passionate enthusiast communities, is looking for an individual to help lead the company through an exciting digital transformation and provide leadership and a vision for our digital platforms and infrastructure. This individual will have a strong background in web development and applications as well as a verifiable history of leading a team to meet the ongoing development needs of a company. We are looking for a proactive leader who can be a key player in shaping the digital future of the company.
- Plan and execute Kalmbach's website efforts including website architecture, overall design and layout with adherence to best practices using internal and external support.
- Take a proactive role in recommending well-reasoned solutions that align with the company's strategic vision.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Provide measurement of web performance, both desktop and mobile, recommend and implement solutions to improve metrics.
- Appropriately staff and assign internal and external resources to meet the development needs of Kalmbach.
- Lead a team of developers in project work that is executed with identified goals in mind.
- Have regular one-on-one meetings with engineers on your team to help mentor them and continually evaluate resources' work performance to determine and improve competency in the job.
- Generate new effort estimates for development projects.
- Lead meetings and actively participate in discussions that revolve around our online systems and applications.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with key stakeholders (marketing, ad sales, editorial) to understand changing priorities and achieve revenue goals.
- Review all development requests and ensure that projects are thoughtfully considered and always align with company goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years' professional experience in full-stack development, system architecture, data warehousing and application & web server technologies.
- Understanding of mobile and tablet application development and deployment.
- Demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Requires executive level presentation skills and verifiable ability to build high-accomplished teams, motivating people to superior levels of performance.
- Additional training in the publishing industry a plus.
- Requires resourcefulness in project administration.
- Requires ability to develop and enforce documentation, design, programming, testing and training standards.
- Requires the ability to adjust to a flexible schedule to meet the rigorous demand of the department and the deadlines of the specific projects.
- Effectively works with all levels of management across the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- Your salary requirements
Kalmbach is located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits!