Accountant – General Accounting
• This position is based in the Global Finance Operations general accounting department. It will be responsible for handling general accounting transactions, various accruals and analysis, preparation of journal entries, and account reconciliations for North America. This position will also provide support for key projects, process improvements, system enhancements and SAP system implementations.
• Participate in the accurate and timely closing of the monthly and annual financial figures
• Complete monthly and annual assigned financial close tasks, including preparation and posting of journal entries and submission of financial information into Hyperion database with monthly results
• Investigate accounting discrepancies and attend to customer inquiries
• Accountable for the appropriate use of balance sheet accounts in compliance with policies and regulations
• Complete monthly assigned account reconciliations by providing proper analysis and support
• Research and resolve any reconciling items on a monthly basis
• Participate in the execution and improvement of global accounting processes
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
• Ensure all processes are appropriately documented and assist in the on-going documentation of accounting policies and procedures
• Identify productivity improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy
• Provides support for financial system implementations
• Acts as a resource in the training of other team members
• Provides customer services such as investigating variances, providing detail of departmental charges and advising of financial procedures.
• Through collaboration and teamwork, continues to leverage companywide resources via further migration of the Global Finance Operations model.
• Supports the goal of providing outstanding customer service while maintaining financial systems of high integrity, ethical conduct and compliance with Company policies.
BS / BA in Accounting
Minimum of 1 - 3 years accounting related experience
Strong Excel computer skills