Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Job Summary: To ensure a quality product is produced by training and monitoring operators, reducing scrap, and performing quality inspections.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure process and product quality requirements are met per standards.
- Monitor scrap levels and notify technician/supervisor of problems.
- Train and monitor performance of operators to meet in process and product quality requirements.
- Perform lot auditing to aid in identification of potential quality issues.
- Perform inventory transactions in timely and accurate manner.
- Drive forklift to move inventory to required locations.
- Ensure Shift to Shift communication is adequate to maintain productivity and quality levels.
- Accurately complete shift end and scrap reconciliation reports.
- Maintain sufficient supplies at workstations including tools, inserts, labels and packaging materials. Move inventory and supplies back to location at job end.
- Gather parts folder, gages, fixtures and master samples and return to locations at job end.
- Assist with development of work instructions, appearance criteria, and other product/process quality requirements.
- Ensure 5S is maintained.
- Assist with giving breaks and lunches when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education/Training/Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent
One year of manufacturing experience
Team leader or supervisor experience preferred
Experience in an injection molding environment a plus
Job Skills Requirements:
Basic computer skills with ability to learn new software
Function as a team player by maintaining a positive attitude and willingness to assist
Ability to use quality assurance measurement and testing equipment including calipers, micrometers, and gage pins
Good interpersonal skills to train and coach others to meet requirements
Basic math skills
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org