Fox is proud tosupport a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and community thatattracts the industry's brightest talent. The Fox Internship Program offers anexciting opportunity for you to gain practical experience while interning forone of the biggest media and entertainment companies in the world. You willhave the opportunity to participate in real-world projects, which providesvaluable work experience and leadership skills.
The FoxInternship Program provides mentoring and learning opportunities to help youdevelop your skills, network with Fox employees, and learn more about what it'slike to work in the entertainment industry.
FOX SportsSouth is seeking a dedicated intern to join the digital/social media team duringthe spring of 2017. The internship will include assisting in the followingareas:
- Collaboratingon creation of original web/social content and posting to social channels andnetwork websites, as well as appearing on videos as needed
- Posting,pregame, in-game and postgame videos to social channels and network websites
- Websitemanagement: FOX Sports South has three properties, FOXSportSouth.com,FOXSportsCarolinas.com and FOXSportsTennessee.com
- Writtencontent: Surrounds MLB (Braves), MLS (Atlanta United), NBA (Grizzlies, Hawks,Hornets), NHL (Hurricanes, Predators), WNBA (Dream) and college (ACC) products.
Social media posting
- Work withdigital/social media team and production to repurpose FOX Sports Southprogramming content for social media use.
- Shoot, edit andappear in web/social media-exclusive videos for use on FOX Sports South'sfamily of sites that offer both analysis and drive tune-in information
- Assist inday-to-day content curation for FOX Sports South social media accounts.
Web site management
- Post storiesfrom partner teams' sites as well as relevant content from other FOX Sportssites in deadline-driven environment
- Post videosfrom production team (i.e. pre- and postgame shows, original programming, etc.)
- Supply coverage,including features, news stories, etc., revolving around partner teams
- Post content to websitesand share via social channels
- Preferred major in Communications/Journalism.Production or communications and/or prior media or sports experience preferred.
- Experienceediting video (i.e. Premiere Pro, After Effects, AVID) and audio (Audacity).
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication skills required.
- Goodorganizational and project coordination skills required.
- Knowledgeof Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Mustbe able to perform in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Familiaritywith social media analytics is a plus.
- Familiaritywith FOX Sports brand and general sports knowledge is helpful.
The intern willprimarily work in an office environment, but it will also be necessary to workin the field, attending live sporting and media events. This can includeevenings and weekends. Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week forup to 10 weeks.
Toparticipate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
- Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit aresume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are anequal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or anyother characteristic protected by law.