Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired and dedicated Teacher. You will be responsible for providing a range of instructional, assessment and positive behavioral support strategies to ensure educational excellence in a Head Start classroom for 4-5 year-old children.
You will contribute to our mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with family members, an Assistant Teacher and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and childcare licensing requirements.
- Provide classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally and age-appropriate for the children served.
- Ensure classroom arrangement, materials and displays are organized and conducive to children’s learning.
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities; use that data to plan and individualize curriculum.
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations.
You’ll achieve positive outcomes by utilizing:
- CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
- Research supported Curriculum
- Child assessment tools
- Teacher Success Rubric and Coaching
- State of the art technology and learning methods
- Department of public instruction (DPI) license for Early Childhood and BA/BS in Early Childhood Education –OR Department of public instruction (DPI) license for Early Childhood and BA/BS in related field with at least six (6) courses in Early Childhood Education plus experience teaching preschool aged children.
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen and maintain required Physical/TB screen requirements.
- Basic computer literacy in email, word processing and internet navigation.
- Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, multiple times per day
This position is full time, year round and the salary is $42,943.40
This position is located in Racine, WI
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.