Create-A-Pack Foods is currently seeking a Material Handler
Create-A-Pack Foods is a food co-packer and manufacturer located in beautiful Lake Country Wisconsin with locations in both Ixonia as well as Oconomowoc. Over the past 20 years, Create-A-Pack has grown from an entrepreneurial vision to a multimillion dollar operation that employs over 200 local employees. As we continue to grow, we are looking for hard working, reliable, and dedicated employees to join our team!
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and inspects incoming shipments and trucks for discrepancies and damages and reports problems promptly to the appropriate person.
- Prepares items for shipment according to customer specifications by retrieving packaging and weighing materials with complete and accurate documentation
- Labels and stores materials and supplies within the warehouse and trailers according to part number/ description
- Bins to the appropriate location with an RF scan gun by safely performing physical tasks such as lifting, carrying and stacking by hand or safely using material handling equipment
- Verifies and signs for incoming deliveries, loads and unloads delivery trailers/trucks by hand or with material handling equipment as needed.
- Maintains shipping and receiving documentation in a neat and orderly manner
- Brings required materials in FIFO to the appropriate production line through verification of the production schedule and pick list
- Monitors production lines and supplies packaging items as needed
- Uses RF guns to enter completions, generate pallet tags, and located appropriate storage locations for completed pallets
- Returns unused packaging materials post-production to the warehouse by performing physical inventory and scanning to the appropriate locations using RF guns
- Audits inventory for accuracy and reports discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards, conditions, and/or specifications throughout the entire plant system.
- Reports and/or documents any quality related deviations to the appropriate personnel.
- Reports shipping and receiving details to the appropriate department on a regular and timely basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and written
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Candidate must be self-motivated, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision
Create-A-Pack Foods is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minority/female/disability/veteran.