Waukesha State Bank
Commercial Banking Officer
Commercial Lending Department
Waukesha State Bank Profile: Waukesha State Bank is one of the largest locally-owned and independent community banks in Wisconsin, with 13 full-service offices located throughout Waukesha County. Our strength as a successful and growing financial services provider is rooted in a long-standing commitment to serving the community while providing a broad array of products and services to assist businesses and individuals in achieving long-term financial goals. We offer commercial & small business lending, retail banking, residential mortgage lending, payroll processing services and investment services. We also have a wealth management division, Prairie Financial Services, which provides personal trust and estate services, 401k and other retirement plan management and investment management.
- Generate new commercial loans through direct solicitation of prospective business customers, strategic networking and community involvement activities to meet or exceed annual production goals.
- Analyze prospective credit applications and financial statements to predict future repayment capacity and make sound loan decisions.
- Prepare written credit requests and present to Loan Committee.
- Serve as main point of contact with customers from application through closing and thereafter, in coordination with Credit Analyst, Processor and other members of the Commercial Operations team, to ensure that the Bank obtains accurate, timely and complete information and that our customers experience professional, Friendly and efficient interactions throughout the process.
- Respond to and correct all exceptions or problems noted by Loan Review, the WSB Audit Dept., or outside auditors
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell ancillary products and services provided by WSB
- Develop and maintain a strong portfolio of commercial customers out of personal sales activity; provide ongoing relationship management to clients, including handling additional financing requests and providing recommendations and advice regarding appropriate products and services offered by other areas of the Bank.
- Monitor portfolio quality and address weakening credit with appropriate response to protect bank’s assets, including collection of loans that default
- Be available for information and /or referrals from Branch Office Managers, Personal Bankers, Mortgage Consultants and other bank personnel
- Other duties, responsibilities and projects as directed
- At least 7 years of general commercial lending experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate practical experience
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan and cash management products
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of business finance
- Experience with SBA lending is ideal
- Desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Desire to work in a community bank environment and represent WSB in a professional and ethical manner at all times
Employment with Waukesha State Bank is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.