Duties & Responsibilities:
- IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware
- Design, implementation, and support services for Microsoft related technologies: Office 365, Microsoft Azure, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Engineer and implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs
- Implement and support disaster recovery solutions
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDS, and Citrix
- System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Discover opportunities for enhancing client’s environment
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities- Responsible for entering time and expenses- Work through project tickets and phases as assigned by a Project Manager- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required :
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, Fortinet, IBM, etc.
- 2+ years experience in similar role
Language Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and process/procedure documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization, processes, and procedures is sometimes limited.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute and speak English fluently
- Major medical, dental & vision insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement account matching
- Technology spending account
- Paid training allowance
- Paid time off
- Business casual dress code
- Competitive salary based on experience
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.
Job Type: Full-time
- architecture network: 2 years
- network engineering: 2 years
- infrastructure: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Any professional IT certifications