• The position will be involved in mechanical engineering projects for drive products
• Conducting cross-functional design reviews
• Documentation of design changes and test results
• Implementation of engineering changes
• An understanding of sheet metal and plastics design and fabrication techniques is required to provide a quick turnaround of designs that are producible at lower cost.
• Must be detailed oriented and be able to organize their work for maximum productivity.
• The ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
• Analysis of design will be required to insure fit and functionality of the end product.
• Evaluation testing, including writing reports, for shock and vibration testing, thermal testing and other environmental and regulatory requirements may be required.
• Preparing engineering drawings to established standards and releasing the drawings through Engineering Change Orders (ECO’s)
• Individual must be able to balance priorities effectively and work through distractions.
• Knowledge of industrial drives is desirable, but not required
Skills & Knowledge
• 2+ years of experience in mechanical design of industrial electronics
• Background in DFM/A principles, experienced in cost reduction techniques
• Specific design experience with sheet metal and plastics
• Experience with solid modeling software such as CREO (preferred) or SolidWorks
• SAP document management experience is preferred
BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Master's degree in a technical discipline is preferred