STS Technical Services is actively seeking top-notch Diesel Mechanics to perform high quality maintenance and repairs on heavy duty commercial trucks. This is a direct hire position for an established trucking company. Our client understands the value of each and every employee. They offer their Diesel Mechanics a very competitive compensation and benefit package along with a collaborative work environment.
Ideal candidates will be able to successfully analyze and troubleshoot truck issues on all makes and model trucks.
****Open to considering automotive students that are interested in working a full time schedule as well.****
· Perform assigned tasks in compliance with dealership policies and procedures
· Accurate completion of repair orders
· Keep accurate notes on repair orders to insure accuracy
· Maintain a clean and safe work environment
· Interface easily with ADP-dealer system
· Basic computer skills in order to navigate in ISIS for diagnostics
· Support other technicians in repairs with the interest of the customer
· Maintain/attain required skills to be a qualified state inspector (DOT)
· Maintain confidentiality with respect to dealership information
· Knowledge of basic engine and driveline, electrical, cab and suspension.
· Knowledge of air, hydraulic, and full power brake systems
· Perform preventative maintenance on all fleet equipment to include reefer units & lift gates
· Diagnose and repair various reefer and lift gates
· Special projects as assigned by Service Manager
· Provide own hand tools up to 1/2 in. drive
· Cab, frame front axle, steering gear & springs
· Brake system, air and hydraulic
· Clutch, transmission and differential
· Engine repair – certified in minimum of (1) big Bore engine
· Engine tune-up, electrical/electronic testing
· Overhaul, major components
· High school diploma or equivalent, special technical training.
· CDL license