SmithGroup is an award-winning, multinational integrated design firm with a team of 1,300 experts across 15 offices in the U.S. and China. We employ research, data, advanced technologies and design thinking to help clients solve their greatest challenges. Our specialists-from artists and engineers, to nurses, workplace strategists and beyond-develop beautiful, sustainable, future-focused solutions for healthcare providers, science and technology organizations, higher education and cultural institutions, urban environments, diverse workplaces, mixed-use and waterfront developments, and parks and open spaces.
The Milwaukee or Madison office of SmithGroup is looking for a Landscape Architect to join our team.
Working with us, you will:
- Prepare concepts, design development and graphic illustrations on projects.
- Assist in preparing Construction Documentation.
- Work with senior landscape architects to compile data and prepare design solutions.
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, coastal engineers, architects, building systems engineers, planners and environmental scientists.
- Consult with product manufacturers, evaluate and select construction materials.
- Assist in editing technical specifications and reviewing shop drawings.
- Visit construction sites to gather information, review design intent, inform and support senior project team members during the construction phase.
- Use in depth knowledge of trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, and annuals in preparing planting plans and landscape master plans.
- Travel as needed for project work.
An ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or equivalent.
- 6-10 years of professional experience.
- LEED AP preferred. Landscape Architectural registration preferred.
- Proficiency in current design software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Lumion and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Technical knowledge of landscape architecture site development elements.
SmithGroup offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.