*SIGN ON BONUS OFFERD*
Versiti was founded with the belief that together, our bloodcenters can better serve patients' urgent need for life-saving healthcare. Welove what we do, and we're looking for passionate individuals to join theVersiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee'sdignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionatepeople who provide lifesaving blood to our communities on a daily basis.
What you can expectin this position:
Under direction of the Manager of Transfusion Service,follows all applicable SOPs, performs immunohematology testing on patientsamples and provides the correct blood product for transfusion based on theseresults. Performs component preparation as ordered by the provider to ensure thecorrect product is issued for transfusion. Provides the most appropriate blood in a timely and accurate manner andprovides phone consultation to customers.
What you will do:
* Understands andperforms to all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
* Handles andprocesses specimens, ensuring proper identification.
* Performsserologic testing according to SOPs on patient and donor samples.
* Recognizes andresolves procedural discrepancies in testing results.
* Interprets andreports laboratory results.
* Performscomponent preparation as ordered by the provider following all applicable SOPs.
* Issuesappropriate products for transfusion.
* Maintainsaccurate, concurrent, and complete records.
* Operates laboratory equipment correctly andperforms quality control testing on equipment and reagents.
* Knowsacceptable levels of performance.
* Maintainscontrolled inventories of reagents and laboratory materials.
* Assists in thetraining of new personnel and training of students.
* Listens,anticipates and responds to the needs of internal and external customers andstrives to meet expectations.
* Workseffectively with inter or intra-department(s) and project teams to meetcustomer needs and organizational goals.
* Participates inquality and process improvement.
You will need:
Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college oruniversity in Clinical Laboratory Science/Medical Technology (MLS/CLS/MT) orscience related degree with certification as a BB technologist.
MLS/CLS/MT/BB American Society for Clinical Pathologist(ASCP) certification required or equivalent.
Clinical experience working in a transfusion service asobtained from prior work experience or that obtained in clinical rotationsthrough required education.
When you will work:
The part time hours are 8:30 pm - 7:00 am (including a 30 minute break)
What's in it for you?
Complete insurance coverage - medical, dental, vision, life
401(k) with company match
Generous paid time off
Major holidays off with pay
We are Blood Health Innovators who enhance lives throughdiscovery, diagnosis, and treatment.
We will expand the frontiers of patient health through theintegration of science, medicine, and service.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equalopportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteranstatus.
MKE - 1