Ovation Communities is a non-profit group in the senior living industry. As part of Ovation Communities, Chai Point Senior Living offers gracious living for Independent and Assisted Living residents in an elegant high-rise building overlooking Lake Michigan, at the center of Milwaukee's cultural heartbeat. 1-, 2-, and 3-bedrooms available. Our organization has been serving the people of the Greater Milwaukee area for over 100 years. These services are achieved through a team-work philosophy that is inspired through effective organizational skills, continuous quality improvement efforts and maintaining a balance between professionalism and the ability to have fun. If you enjoy working for a quality facility that will value your work, and if you believe in compassionate resident care, please consider joining our team.
Provides prescribed medical treatment, medication and personal care services to residents to meet individual spiritual, physical, emotional and social needs consistent with the plan of care, standard nursing practices, scope of gerontological nursing procedures and all applicable regulations/codes/policies and procedures.
- Receives verbal report and communicates all pertinent resident care information to the CNAs.
- Visits each resident to assure the appropriate cares are bring provided, reports any problems to the manager/supervisor.
- Administers and documents medication/treatments within the parameters of the LPN licensure and according to the care plan. Reports any changes to the manager/supervisor.
- Reports significant changes in residents' conditions immediately to the manager/supervisor and notifies appropriate people as directed.
- Maintains timely, accurate written charts/documents/records as required by law and/or regulation policies and procedures. Charting must be informative, descriptive of nursing services provided, resident's response to cares and a notation when families/physicians are notified of significant resident changes.
- Makes recommendations regarding resident's care.
- Completes compliance rounds of resident rooms to assure a clean, orderly, comfortable environment. Make adjustments based on individual needs.
- Appropriately identifies problems, approaches and goals on residents' care plans and discusses them with the CNAs daily after compliance rounds.
- Participates in resident assessment on admission.
- Assures that all residents' rights are maintained at all times. Reports any violations or suspected deviations according to policy.
- Is aware and demonstrates proper hand washing, isolation techniques, universal precautions, food handling, linen handling and cleanliness of resident areas.
- Demonstrates prevention and intervention used in caring for the confused, wandering or combative resident.
- Performs other duties assigned by manager, supervisor(s), or Executive Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior nursing home/assisted living experience preferred.
- Must be licensed in the State of Wisconsin as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrates strong communication and relationship building skills with residents, and is able to explain residents' needs to others as needed for resident advocacy.
- Specialized training or experience in geriatric care or gerontology is desirable.
- Proficiency is written and spoken English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.