Medical Equipment Preparer
Responsible for preparing, installing, handling, and sterilizing healthcare equipment. Inspects equipment routinely for flaws and replaces if necessary.
- Examine medical equipment for malfunctions, leaks, loose parts, or general disrepair.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Replace outdated supplies.
- Stock carts.
- Assemble equipment such as surgical instrument trays.
- Fill special requests.
- Report defective equipment and order repairs.
- Flush water through equipment to purge waste.
- Deliver medical equipment to healthcare facilities.
- Use sterilizers, aerators, and washers to clean and sterilize medical equipment.
- Work with equipment such as respirators, hospital beds, wheelchairs and oxygen and dialysis machines.
- Deliver equipment to residences and help with installation.
- Maintain inventory and equipment usage records.
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation.