The Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services contracts with SaintA to provide child welfare services to about 900 families including nearly 1,200 children. We work diligently to provide them with services that ensure safety, permanence and well-being.
- Provide an initial RN home visit within 30 days of notification for children under three years of age entering out-of-home care
- Provide RN home visits every 30 days for children under six months of age not enrolled in C4K
- Provide RN quarterly home visits for children over six months of age not enrolled in C4K
- Provide RN home visits for all children discharged from an inpatient hospital for transitional health management within 30 days of discharge
- Provide RN home visits within 30 days of reunification with subsequent RN visitis reflective of out-of-home care RN visitation schedule for children under age three while under a court order of supervision
- Provide consultation and/or ongoing monitoring to high-risk subpopulations and medically complex children
- Collaborate with the Care4Kids Health Care Coordination Team
- Provide assessments, outcome monitoring and documentation of:
- Acute and chronic medical needs
- Physical health and growth
- Immunization compliance
- Guidance and health education
- Well child health care
- Provide transitional healthcare planning from hospital to out-of-home placement
- Adhere to established DMCPS Health Unit clinical standards and practice guidelines
- Current Licensure as a Bachelor’s prepared (BS/BSN) Registered Nurse granted by the State of Wisconsin
- 3 years minimum professional nursing experience in pediatrics working with infants and children with special healthcare needs
- CPR certified
- Home health experience preferred
- Proficient clinical assessment skills
- Sound critical thinking
- Effective communication skills; verbal, non-verbal and written
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in Micro-Soft Office Products; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Flexible schedule
- Frequent travel involving home visits
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with acceptable driving record, reliable vehicle and meet agency auto insurance requirements
- Reports to Program Support Manager
SaintA is a Wisconsin provider of family centered care and educational services. SaintA has an acute focus on trauma informed care (TIC), which is a philosophy and practice that acknowledges the profound effects of trauma on the developing brain. Together with our families, SaintA works to recognize the neurobiological effects of trauma and address them with evidence-informed care, leading to healing, resiliency, and the ability to live stable, successful lives.
SaintA provides a rich continuum of services, including:
- Child Welfare and Foster Care
- Support for youth who have aged out of care
- Care Coordination and Wraparound services
- Mental health therapy and supports such as Family Preservation, Caregiver Support, Functional Family Therapy and Parent Assistance & Advocacy
- Professional education and clinical consultation (for organizations, schools, and individual/family).
For more information, visit our website: http://www.sainta.org/
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume online.
Minorities and Spanish speaking/bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; a pay differential is offered after successfully meeting expectations of the Language Proficiency Bilingual Test.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minority/Female/Handicapped/Veteran