The Human Resources Generalist provides administrative and employee relations support in a timely and professional manner to ensure an engaged and retained workforce.
• Drafts job descriptions. Posts open positions. Reviews resumes and dispositions applicants. Performs initial screenings. Schedules interviews. Performs reference checks. Prepares offer letters.
• Coordinates with agencies for temporary needs
• Conducts new hire orientation
• Provides information to employees upon request
• Prepares communications relevant to employees
• Available as resource to assist employees
• Conducts benefit orientation meetings. Maintains accurate employee benefit information with providers. Audits invoices for accuracy in coverage and cost. Assists employees with benefit questions, working with appropriate outside resources as necessary
• Administers FMLA paperwork and tracks FMLA usage
• Prepares separation and COBRA paperwork
• Participates in safety enforcement, recommends enhancements and processes safety reimbursements
• Calculates timecards and payroll worksheet. Enters payroll into HRIS. Works with technical administrator to clear discrepancies between payroll and ERP.
• Completes surveys, audits, and other reporting
• Creates and maintains new hire, personnel and benefit orientation folders ensuring current and accurate forms, policy and benefit information
• Prepares for new employees (notifications, space preparation, business cards/name plate)
• Completes orientation processing
• Schedules performance reviews, prepares coaching form and employee change form.
• Performs verification of employment calls and paperwork
• Coordinates company activities (career fairs, employee luncheons, company picnic, etc.) and employee welfare items
• Schedule training and records completed training. May conduct training.
• Prepares reports to comply with Federal and State reporting requirements, internal reporting and benefit requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline
• 3 – 5 year’s work experience in a Human Resources or office management role in a manufacturing environment
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational skills, a high degree of accuracy, and personal and professional integrity with confidentiality in all tasks
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated capability and interest in providing excellent customer service, displaying a positive, engaging demeanor; self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while producing accurate and high quality work
• Interest in mechanical products
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Regularly sits throughout the day
• Regularly utilizes depth perception, peripheral vision and close focus to operate a computer, computer accessories and phone equipment
• Occasionally required to lift 25 pounds unassisted
• Occasionally stands and moves throughout shop
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability