Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Shift: 6:00 PM-2:00 AM Monday-Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Blood Processing Technologist for the American Red Cross!
Blood Processing Technologists perform basic through advanced manufacturing, processing and test procedures on blood products. Blood Processing Technologists also interpret test results before releasing blood to area hospitals. All tasks are performed in highly regulated environment. Successful Blood Processing Technologists will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
- Perform moderate to high complexity laboratory testing procedures. Manufacture blood products according to FDA, AABB, CLIA and ARC procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and testing goals established by the department. Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution. Appropriately manage any exceptions. Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing process. Prioritize workload of self and others, to meet production and customer requirements.
- Perform quality control on products, reagents, equipment, and various test kits. Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor specimens and blood products. Tracks the quantities and results of QC testing performed to meet ARC and regulatory requirements.
- Operate, maintain, repair and perform validation and quality control checks on laboratory equipment, reagents and supplies to ensure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures. Participate in the performance of qualifications and validations for collections equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling and testing. Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records. Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples. Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records and other QC processes. Participate in suspect product investigations, troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with cross-functional teams.
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time
- requirements and quality standards. Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet quality requirements. Participate in QC staff training and QC projects. May serve as a project lead.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technologist position describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- Bachelor's degree in science, MT (ASCP) degree or equivalent certifications plus satisfactory performance as a Laboratory Technologist I, or Bachelor's degree in science plus 3 years experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment required. Must meet State and CLIA requirements.
- Sample Management, manual residual white blood cell counts, Haemonetics QC, BacT Sampling and transformation, pH testing and Pathogen Reduced product processing preferred.
- Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time. Ability to work on a team.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights