Summary: The Assistant Technical Services Manager (ATSM) works with Technical Services Manager to manage one or two technical teams that are 4-7 people. Each team is responsible for servicing approximately 50 clients. The mission of an ATSM is to be the primary backup resource for their team’s technical staff and clients, provide exceptional value to clients through strategic scheduling and resource planning.
Duties and Responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Manage incoming calls and emails for the Remote Support team.
- Responsible for the input of all incoming client support requests via any method.
- Opening service calls for each issue and ensuring accuracy of information.
- Assists in the constant improvement of processes and procedures as it relates to Client support; work directly with Quality Control on recommendations base on predetermined standards.
- Keep client informed of status, timing and options for support as needed.
- Manage and plan scheduling of technical resources inside the assigned team(s).
- Proactively communicate problems, issues and status updates to clients and appropriate internal personnel.
- Prioritize, track and review service orders/calls at TSM direction.
- Ensure timely close rates and meeting benchmarks set for different types of orders/calls.
- Assist in identifying training opportunities for assigned staff and mentoring opportunities within the team.
- Assist TSM in evaluating trends in client IT environments and provide feedback to clients timely.
- Collaborate with TSMs in analyzing client surveys to identify areas for improvement.
- 2+ years in the IT industry preferred
- 5+ years working directly with clients
- Pleasant phone voice and demeanor
- Outgoing and confident personality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including but not limited to Outlook and Excel
- Ability to work with limited direction
- Strong client and team interaction focusing on:
- Problem Solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Competency: Here are River Run’s core values to make clients extraordinarily happy.
- F: Focused on Clients: This is the leading value a new candidate must understand and live by. Our “WHY” is to help clients achieve meaningful results and our people make that happen.
- I: Innovative: Our future growth depends on improving ways to market and sell our products and services. Internal improvement suggestions and out of the box thinking are needed in order to be successful in this role. A successful candidate must also have the ability to generate new and innovative approaches to issues and adjust quickly to changing priorities and complex conditions.
- P: Positive: Be able to reinforce an upbeat, fun atmosphere and exemplify a “can do” spirit.
- P: Precise: Perform jobs and tasks with thoroughness, detail and exactitude. Must implement, follow and lead with best practices.
- E: Engaged and Communicative: Must be an experienced team member who employs active listening and utilizes direct and appropriate communication skills. Teamwork is important and this person will need to be able to reach out to others in a collaborative manner.
- R: Responsible: Must accept and enforce obligations to the client and other team members willingly and meet those commitments.
- D: Driven: Passionate and focused on purposeful actions with the ability to control the situation and be pro-active. Must demonstrate a track record of working hard to complete a job and expects personal and team performance to be nothing short of world class.
Associates Degree or equivalent experience in the position requirements.
Must have a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and valid insurance.
The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.