Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
Welder (Weekend Shift)
- 401K contribution
- Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness company contribution
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Excellent PTO policy
Fabrication DIRECTED BY:
Welder/Fabrication Team Lead
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Team Leaders, Mechanical Engineers, Machining, Process, Paint, and Production Control
Ability to perform welding tasks as assigned with some guidance or supervision. Proficient at following and looking up weld procedures, work instructions, and inspection criteria. Demonstrate the ability to meet routed hours with acceptable quality. Meets all safety requirements.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Welds basic to moderately advanced weldments with minimal quality errors (As outlined in LSSI stamping discipline procedure.)
- Work from basic to moderate drawings and job layouts.
- Understand and read weld symbols.
- Basic crane operations and rigging.
- Perform quality checks throughout process.
- Visual weld inspection.
- Operate hand burn plasma and torch.
- Understand and apply weld sequencing with guidance.
- Basic fabrication techniques and application.
- Basic straightening techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience or coursework in basic math, basic blueprint, basic crane operations and rigging.
- Minimum 1-year welding experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Lake Shore Systems, Inc is excited to join Trident Maritime Systems and will be operating as the Trident Maritime Systems—Heavy Equipment Group.
- Ability to Lift, Push or Pull up to 25 lbs individually and/or up to 50 lbs as a team
- Long periods of standing, crouching, kneeling, and climbing
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.